Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Actor Ram Revilla Shot and Stabbed to Death! Life is short and we should not Waste It!

In this world, our lives can be taken anytime. We might be feeling now that we're in secure zone or situation, but without knowing it, with a blink of an eye, we're dead. That's why its very important for us to be insured, or should I say assured. What do I mean by that, you might ask?

Well, just hours ago, I've read in the news about a young actor who was killed in his house earlier this day. Ram Revilla, a 22-year old actor and a half-brother of present Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr., was shot and stabbed to death in his home in Paranaque City. He was rushed immediately to a nearby Medical Center in Paranaque but was declared dead on arrival by doctors. According to the news, a gunman entered to Ram's house in BF Homes and shot him. Her girlfriend Janelle Manahan, an actress, had also sustained a gunshot but is now under observation in the hospital. Investigators said that Ram might have been shot by a 9mm or 0.45 caliber pistol and was stabbed. No traces of robbery was seen in the scene of the crime for nothing was taken. 

Sinulog Festival 2009Image by omeng_q via Flickr
Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr.
After reading this news, I was saddened because of the fact that the guy was still young. Not only that he was about my age also but the thought about him still having a future as a young actor puts me in a dilemma that life is very short. Anytime, God can take it away. So it's up to us (and by His grace) on how we should spend our lives for His glory. Why do I say, "for His glory"? The answer to that my friend is found in Isaiah 43: 6-7,

6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
   and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
   and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,
   whom I created for my glory,
   whom I formed and made.”

Do you see my friends? It's very clear that God made us for the glory of His name! Isn't that great? We have a purpose in this world! What do I mean when I say "glorify"? The straight answer to that is to praise God! Appreciate all that He has done! Give thanks to Him every day, every hour, and every second! So does that mean God needs us? The answer is definitely NO. We should first understand that God's glory is innate. Meaning, God is still glorious even without us giving Him the glory. By God's abundant love, He made you and me in His image. He wants us to enjoy Him. Have fellowship with Him. Isn't that great? The Creator of all things that have been made (I'm talking about things before sin entered) and ruler of the whole universe, wants to have a relationship with you! Will you not consider it?? Does it not make you excited?! Or joyful?

Photo of the Book of Isaiah page of the BibleImage via Wikipedia

So now, I hope it's clear to all of us that we have a purpose. That is, to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever! Now, what is the relation of that to the death of Ram Revilla? My friends, the lesson is not only that life is short, but the most important thing is, we should not waste it! Wasting it would mean enjoying other things more rather than God Himself! Do you enjoy money, fame, profession, career, power, beauty, intelligence, wisdom, entertainment, family or yourself more than God? If so, then I'm here to tell you that you are wasting your life! Its painful to hear that, but that's the truth. The real meaning of sin is enjoying and loving other things more than God. 

I hope and pray that God will open your eyes my friends! Indeed, none has ever glorified God in every second of their lives. Only by His grace and by the blood of Jesus Christ, we can glorify God! God bless!


Want a free email notification?
Be the first to know about the latest airline promos, newstravel, and other important events in the Philippines posted in PinoyMensahero! Just follow these simple steps:

1. To subscribe, first click here
2. An "Email Subscription Request" window will appear on your screen.
3. Key-in the email address you want the notifications to be delivered and enter the text written on the box provided below it.
4. Then click "Complete Subscription Request" and your done! Enjoy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog