Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

How to Change Guest Name and Other Flight Details After Booking Ticket?

It's been a while that I haven't updated this blog, but praise God that He enabled me to write once again. As we all know and should recognize, the Lord is the provider and enabler of everything. Because of my hectic schedule in work and the same time (I'm ashamed to say) because of my idleness, I neglected updating my blog. Which in return I am regretting.


Now for a fresh start, I would like to share to you a very important lesson that I just learned a couple of days ago (last Saturday) after I booked my ticket in Cebu Pacific Air. This probably happened to you, if not, then you should be aware on what to do when facing such problem. The problem happened first when I neglected to double check every single letter that I typed when booking a ticket.

Last Saturday evening, a dear friend of mine asked for help. She's actually one of my closest friends and I'm not the type of person who ignores someone who's asking for help....especially her. Well, her story was that her brother didn't catch his flight. She wanted me to book her brother a trip to Manila on Sunday morning, which is the next day. So just like a life-saver, I immediately opened my laptop and tried to surf the net for an affordable flight. But too bad, in such a bad timing, I couldn't get a good signal from my room. So I just decided to book her brother's flight in an internet cafe. Praise God I found one near our boarding house.

After an hour of communicating the flight schedule with her, on which flight his brother wants, she decided to have me book on Cebu Pacific Air. The base fare for that trip was actually very expensive but her brother doesn't have any choice...as much as I am. For I'm about to lend them a ticket price of more than P5000!

Now, to the good (or shall I say bad) part. After booking her brother's ticket, my heart just sank and I was in a state of melancholy after seeing the itinerary receipt. I just had her brother's name misspelled! Do you know who's the culprit of my unfocused mindset when booking? You might be right, or probably wrong...it was Facebook! Yeah..so dumb right?

An immediate response that I did was to search on the net for a possible solution from my problem. Her brother's flight is tomorrow morning and with such a high price at stake, it would be very depressing on my part to just let it go. To my surprise, there haven't been any article written on what to do when facing such situation. There was one blog that I've read but her solution was to make a written document, have it notarized in an attorney and give it to any Cebu Pacific Air branch. This is not a good option to take for my part.

So when you faced such situation, here's what to do. Just CALL Cebu Pacific Air's customer service as soon as possible! Don't do anything online after booking! If you're in a frantic mode, you might think that cancelling your flight would be best. I don't know if it will be refunded but I'm sure that a transaction have been made in my ATM/credit card.

Here are their contact numbers:

CALL CENTER
Manila Office: Tel: +63-2-70-20-888
Cebu Office: Tel: +63-32-230-8888

The call center agent will require you the confirmation number, schedule and destination of your booked flight, and other necessary information that would convince them you're authentic.

Praise God I was able to find a telephone, call Cebu Pacific Air and have them change the single letter of my friend's brother! They will then send you a revised itinerary receipt to your email.

Oh, did I just forgot to tell you that I booked her brother's ticket at 11:51 pm, Saturday? Haha... God is so good!


Want to know how to book online in Cebu Pacific Air without using a credit card? Click here..

For booking of tickets, you can visit: www.cebupacificair.com or you can call any Cebu Pacific Air ticketing office. To see the list of domestic sales offices of Cebu Pacific Air in the country, just click here.

Want a free email notification?
Be the first to know about the latest airline promos, newstravel, and other important events in the Philippines posted in PinoyMensahero! Just follow these simple steps:

1. To subscribe, first click here
2. An "Email Subscription Request" window will appear on your screen.
3. Key-in the email address you want the notifications to be delivered and enter the text written on the box provided below it.
4. Then click "Complete Subscription Request" and your done! Enjoy!
Or
* Follow us on  Facebook. Just click here.
* Follow us on Twitter. Just click here.



25 comments:

  1. Hi, do you pay for the name change? appreciate your help . thanks! - Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for asking! Based on my experience, they never charged me anything. :) So it's FREE.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have made a mistake on one of the guest details on our flight. She had my last name on it? I have called the cebupac hotline? Did you send them an email for the corrections of the flights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks but what if the birthday is wrong as well? What should i do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i had made a mistake regarding one of the guest detail, my grandmother's name should be MARICIANA but i mistakenly encoded MARIANA and It was late to realize that I incorrectly encoded my grandmother's name after I receive the official receipt. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kara,

    You could call Cebu Pacific directly and ask them to update the spelling of your grandmother. That's what I did after I have misspelled a guest's name.

    CALL CENTER
    Manila Office: Tel: +63-2-70-20-888
    Cebu Office: Tel: +63-32-230-8888

    Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi how to correct the name pls help me because my son is going to cebu this week pls how to correct the name? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Since you are going to Cebu, more likely you are from a different province. You may check your local domestic contact numbers from this link: (copy and paste in your URL)

    https://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/domestic-sales-offices.aspx

    You must select first your current location, then call Cebu Pacific and inform them to correct your son's name.

    Hope this helps. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very helpful.. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, good evening. I have a similar problem. I booked a promo 2-way flight online and had my cousin pay via lbc. She said it didn't get through because it had to be paid within 24hrs of the same booking day. So I purchased via ticketing store. I was browsing my email and saw a travel itinerary and receipt of the date my cousin tried paying for it. Now I have two tickets, is it possible that there are two tickets the same details? What should I do? Do you think I'd encounter problems?

    #confused

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sir/Maam,

    Good day! I just read your comment so sorry for the late reply. Anyways, when you booked a ticket online without using a credit card (in your case, you had your cousin pay it in LBC) there would be a TEMPORARY ticket emailed to you (in pdf). If you will look carefully, there is a note just under your confirmation number that says a status: ON HOLD. This means that your ticket is not yet VALID before you "pay" within 24 hrs in any Bayad Centers like LBC, or deposit in the bank.

    And since your cousin said that the ticket (which is just a TEMPORARY ticket) was not paid within 24 hrs, then this ticket wasn't booked.

    So, I would suggest you check first the two plane tickets you have and look for the "status" of that ticket. The valid one would have a status "CONFIRMED" while the invalid one has the status ON-HOLD. You might have thought the other ticket is valid. If this is so, just disregard the one that has an ON-HOLD status.

    Hope this helps. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day!
    I am also having a problem in my booking name which entered my name instead of my brother's name who will be using the ticket. Ang he had cheched in using mobile without double checking the tickeck..

    Can u please help me on how to change the name of the passenger..tnx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sir how about, if i have to change the 3 passengers name and transfer it to other people.. can i possibly do that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello. I just booked a PAL flight to Cebu for my father through Traveloka and since I don't have enough sleep, I have typed his surname TWICE. His flight is still on December. Do you think it will pose a problem if his surname on the ticket is doubled?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi ask ko lang po sna ggwin mali kasi na entry ko sa ticket na birth year paano po ggwn ko cebu pac po ticket ko thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these people still asking what to do when the blogger already said how to solve it *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mali kasi yong name Anthony Felix pero ang tama Felix Anthony paano ma correft siya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really great information about cheap Business class this topic Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi pwede ba iconfirm ulit sa cebu pac yung guest details na nailagay mo during the booking? kasi correct naman ung name ko kaso naconfused ako if correct passport number ko. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you help me with my issue how i can retrieve my booking without the reference number?

    ReplyDelete
  22. We conduct Best Shirdi tour packages from Chennai by Flight / Air. Our Special Flight Package tour / trip to Shirdi is well designed as we take care our Sai Devotees from the time of Air tickets booking, Bus booking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi how can i edit the date of birt?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog