Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pilipinas Got Talent Season 2 Winner: Marcelito Pomoy!

While taking up my dinner at a delicious "Inasalan" here in Cebu this Sunday with my fellow Christian friends after an evening service in church, something on the television caught my attention. Though I'm not an avid watcher of this show, I was amazed at the stunts and talents of every participants in that show are showcasing. Pilipinas Got Talent (PGT) Season Two, one of the country's biggest nationwide talent reality show, was showing live in the TV screen. Everyone's eyes were glued to the screen as they watch every contestant perform. Everyone was excited and rooting for their favorite contestant to win.


Finishing off, we never finished the show and just went our way for home. We departed and everybody went their own way. I of course, was left alone after they got in to the jeep. While going home, I was a bit curious of who might win that show and be declared as the grand winner. 

Arriving in my dormitory, just 15 mins of travel from the "Inasalan", I was surprised to see many people standing on our floor's balcony. As I went in the elevator and arrived in our floor, I saw that many people were also as excited and was anxious for the show's results.

Being curious as a child, I pressed myself in between the crowd. And in front of the TV, I positioned myself in such away that I can clearly see and hear as Ai-Ai delas Alas, Kris Aquino and Freddie Garcia are announcing the winner of the show. 

Three grand finalist were both lined up in front of the judges. First one was Happy Feet, two young boys that are good in tap dancing. Second was Freestylers, a group of young boys who are good in street dancing. And last but not the least was Marcelito Pomoy, an aspiring young gentleman who has an amazing and unique kind of voice when singing. He is not only able to sing in a man's voice but also in a woman! So extraordinarily that when you listen, you wouldn't even detect that a man is singing like a woman! Amazing!

Now, the long awaited decision had finally come. The first judge announced the Freestylers, garnering the third place. As the crowd shouts in excitement, judge Freddie Garcia announced the grand winner for this season. With strong assertion, he declared Marcelito Pomoy as the Pilipinas Got Talent Season 2 grand winner! Marcelito later then had graciously accept an enormous grand prize of 2 million pesos!

Marcelito was way beyond in text votes, beating all 13 other grand finalists by getting 19.56% of the nation's votes. While the remaining top 2 and 3, Happy Feet and Freestylers, got 18.32% and 9.46%, respectively.

Finishing the show in a special manner, Marcelito sang a very wonderful song "The Prayer". Hear now his famous version of the song. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog